Taurus Mini Super-S
The Taurus Mini offers high performance with RAID 0 as well as secure data protection with RAID 1, a versatile interface for high speed data transfers and a built-in LCD display for the configuration of the device as well as the display of event messages. The 2.5" SATA hard drives can be replaced easily due to the removable tray system and the drives are kept cool by the extra large heat sink.
- Configurable hardware RAID controller (RAID 1 mirroring and RAID 0 striping)
- LCD display for easy device configuration and access to detailed information about the drives
- Critical parameters such as HDD temperature can be monitored easily with help of the LCD display
- Utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD
- Versatile interface, including eSATA, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0
- Hardware acceleration of RAID rebuild
- 2TB volume option for systems that do not support large volumes
- Extra large heat sink for excellent heat dissipation
The Taurus Mini Super-S comes equipped with a built-in LCD display for easy device configuration, event messages and access to detailed information about the external hard drives. Critical parameters such as HDD temperature can be monitored easily with the help of the LCD display. It utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD.
Dual-Bay RAID Storage
The Taurus Mini Super-S comes with an extremely versatile interface, featuring eSATA, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 High Speed. To increase performance and data throughput, "RAID 0 - Striping" offers the ideal choice for your daily backup and other data transfers. For important data and reliability, you can't beat the "RAID 1 - Mirroring" function, which will automatically create a copy of all the data in case one of the drives fails.
RAID 0 (striping)
Used where speed is the primary objective, RAID Level 0 (also called striping) is not redundant. This form of array splits each piece of data across both of the drives in segments; since data is written without any form of parity data-checking, it allows for the fastest data transfer of all other modes. However, if one drive becomes damaged, the whole array can become corrupted.
|2 hard drives|
RAID 1 (mirroring)
This mode requires 2 identical drives to implement. RAID 1 creates an exact copy (or mirror) of a set of data on the second drive. This is useful when reliability and backup are more important than data capacity. The available capacity to the user will only be as large as a single drive but when one of the hard drives fails, it can be replaced and the data rebuilt automatically.
|2 hard drives|
- The difference in performance is only visible for fast interfaces like FireWire 800 and eSATA.
- The Taurus Mini Super-S is not designed for one drive alone and only works when two hard drives are installed.
- Hard drives of identical capacities are recommended. If the capacity is different, the total amount of the space that can be used will depend on the drive with the smallest capacity.
|System requirements (PC)|
|System requirements (Mac)|
Like It? Please Share It!
FAQ - Taurus Mini
- Can the Taurus Mini draw bus-power from the FireWire bus but use the eSATA connection for file transfers?
- Does the Taurus Mini support the TRIM command for SSD drives?
- Can I use the Taurus Mini with bus power only?
- Why are the buttons for the LCD display so small?
- Why is the RAID switch so small and recessed?