Taurus Super-S LCM
When it comes to raw power there is nothing to beat the dual-bay Taurus. This multi-bay hard drive enclosure is built strong and rugged, offering more than enough capacity to store all your digital media files. Not only that, the Taurus can also back up and secure all of your data thanks to RAID protection. Great performance, great protection and great looks - only in the Taurus.
- Configurable hardware RAID controller (RAID 1 mirroring and RAID 0 striping)
- LCD display for easy device configuration and access to detailed information about the drives
- Critical parameters such as HDD temperature and fan speed can be monitored easily with help of the LCD display
- Utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD
- Versatile interface, including eSATA, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0
- Hardware acceleration of RAID rebuild
- 2TB volume option for systems that do not support large volumes
- Perforated aluminum casing and extra large fan for excellent heat dissipation
- Smart Fan (automatically regulates fan speed according to the internal temperature)
The Taurus Super-S LCM comes equipped with a LCD display for easy device configuration, event messages and access to detailed information about the external hard drives. Critical parameters such as HDD temperature and fan speed can be monitored easily with the help of the LCD display. It utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD. Altogether, it can display 10 different details about the system plus 4 more per HDD and allow the user to modify up to 6 different settings, making this a highly configurable hard drive enclosure.
The Taurus comes with an extremely versatile interface, featuring eSATA, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 High Speed. To increase performance and data throughput, "RAID 0 - Striping" offers the ideal choice for your daily backup and other data transfers. For important data and reliability, you can't beat the "RAID 1 - Mirroring" function, which will automatically create a copy of all the data in case one of the drives fails. To keep your drives cool, the Taurus is using a smart fan, which automatically regulates fan speed according to the internal temperature, yet still offers the option to be set at a fixed speed depending on your requirements.
RAID 0 (striping)
Used where speed is the primary objective, RAID Level 0 (also called striping) is not redundant. This form of array splits each piece of data across both of the drives in segments; since data is written without any form of parity data-checking, it allows for the fastest data transfer of all other modes. However, if one drive becomes damaged, the whole array can become corrupted.
RAID 1 (mirroring)
This mode requires 2 identical drives to implement. RAID 1 creates an exact copy (or mirror) of a set of data on the second drive. This is useful when reliability and backup are more important than data capacity. The available capacity to the user will only be as large as a single drive but when one of the hard drives fails, it can be replaced and the data rebuilt automatically.
- The Taurus Super-S Combo is not designed for one drive alone and only works when two hard drives are installed.
- Hard drives of identical capacities are recommended. If the capacity is different, the total amount of the space that can be used will depend on the drive with the smallest capacity.
- The RAID mode can be modified by changing the DIP switch or it can be set via the LCD display.
|System requirements (PC)|
|System requirements (Mac)|
Like It? Please Share It!
FAQ - Taurus Super-S LCM
- What is the fan model used in the Taurus Super-S LCM?
- Does the Taurus Super-S LCM and its drives go into standby with the Operating System?
- What is the noise level of the fan in the Taurus Super-S LCM?
- Operating System only see 2.2TB of total capacity.
- Does it support the new Advanced Format Sectors of drives like the WD20EARS?